Pages

Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Year Two Idea

While I do still plan on writing a post about food, I wanted to put an idea out there too.

Since we have reached the one year mark did we want to try something new?  I was thinking it might be fun to try a podcast.  I know you might be thinking that we are no where near fancy enough for that.  But, a podcast is really just a group of people (usually friends) having a conversation, and sharing it with the internet.  I think it could be fun to try, and it might be a good way for us to actually all participate.  We would  have to get together and chat for an hour or so once a month.  That could lead to us discussing things that have been written in the blog, or inspire us to write new things.  And I am sure there is available technology to help us do this without actually all being in the same room.

Anywho, just an idea.  Let me know what you think.

6 comments:

  1. I'm so on board for this you don't even know. I've been listening to an excellent Star Trek podcast (Mission Log, if anyone's interested) on my commute for the past couple of weeks, and it's renewed my hankering to try out podcasting.

    Some considerations:
    - I have a super annoying voice
    - A trial run is probably a good idea before anyone goes and invests in a microphone (I gather that's pretty much essential equipment for podcasting)
    - Oh god scheduling
    - Someone would have to step up to manage the podcast a la what I do with the topics, but I'm pretty sure it would be more work

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My phone cut me off at that point, but I was going to finish by saying my annoying voice and I are eager participants.

      Also I've been using a broken keyboard at work that necessitates typing as if I'm using a manual typewriter and so I'll never complain about typing on a touch screen again. As a pointless sidenote.

      Delete
  2. Yay, that makes two of us who are willing even with funny voices. Mine is the same way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not opposed to the idea but don't think I can help much from afar!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm almost positive it's possible to record over Skype. Modern technology is truly wondrous.

      Like I said, if someone else wants to do all the work (haha), I will participate like nobody's business. I already have topics in mind!

      Delete
    2. Well, if you are up for being a "topic master" of sorts, I can try become the technical guy.

      Delete